2018 Art & Music Showcase Winners
Another Kiwanis Art & Music Showcase has come and gone, and what a day it was for all. I can never say thank you enough to all who attended, to all the wonderful volunteers, to our event sponsors, the parents, family and friends, but most importantly to our students who competed.
This year, there were 117 pieces of artwork and 20 musical acts judged. It was phenomenal. The FINE ARTS are alive and well in Georgia, and I hope that our showcase plays just a small role of encouragement to our students in Georgia to continue pursuing their love of art and music.
So, for what you all have been waiting for – the winners. The 2018 Art Showcase Scholarship winners are: 1st Place – Micha Franco representing Kiwanis Club of Peachtree City. 2nd Place – Brittni Conger representing Kiwanis Club of Tifton. 3rd Place – Dylan Maldonado representing Kiwanis Club of Coweta County. 4th Place – Ralph Zurito representing Kiwanis Club of East Cobb.
The 2018 Music Showcase Scholarship winners are: 1st Place – Gareth Thompson representing Kiwanis Club of Smyrna. 2nd Place – Jennifer Deng & Kylie Dickenson representing Kiwanis Club of Peachtree City. 3rd Place – Rebekah Willard representing Kiwanis Club of Albany. 4th Place – Hailey Hicks representing Kiwanis Club of Marietta.
The grade level art winners are as follows:
- 1st Mikel Moye Dougherty
- 2nd Zion Romero, Peachtree City
- 3rd Rebekah Butler, Gainesville
- 1st Tristan Hatfield Dougherty
- 2nd Dorian Johnson, Coweta
- 3rd Jacob Martin, Smyrna
- 1st Bennett Hylton Gainesville
- 2nd Angeline Vzcategui, Americus
- 3rd Carol Castillo, Smyrna
- 1st Jake Herrbold, Dougherty
- 2nd Maria Rivadeneira, Carrollton
- 3rd Isabella Tharp, Peachtree City
- 1st Winston Cornish, Thomasville
- 2nd Anaya Davis, Dougherty
- 3rd Nina Hong, North Gwinnett
- 1st Su Min “Erin” Lee, Historic Roswell
- 2nd Nicole Lee, North Gwinnett
- 3rd Katherine Ivey, Cleveland
- 1st Baylee Purvis, Dougherty
- 2nd Erin Wadsworth, Marietta
- 3rd Christina Hargett, North Gwinnett
See you back in Leesburg, GA on April 27, 2019.